Monday, April 29, 2013

Pity...party of one?

Major pity party on Satuday...like huge. I guess I need to start with our doctor's appointment last week.  He explained to us that if I had made any progress by today (yikes) that he would fully induce me on Sunday.

After that appointment, I may have told my boo that he better get good and drunk this weekend because it might be his last go for a while.  I know...I asked for it.  I came home Tuesday from work, and he was already making an invitation for a washers tournament that he and a buddy were going to put on.  I was actually totally fine with that.  He loves playing washers, it was good clean fun, and he deserved a day with his guys.

So, Saturday gets here, and what was supposed to be a guys only thing has turned into a bring your wife/girlfriend thing.  Let the pity party begin.

Well, first off boo got up and cooked this awesome breakfast.  It was really sweet of him and very delicious!

So, we ate breakfast, boo went to work on his new washer boards in the garage, and I sat on the couch and tried to figure out what I was going to wear to this thing...I had nothin'.  That led to thoughts about how large I felt...which led to a helpless feeling because there's really nothing I can do about my body or my weight until the baby is here...which led to me wishing the baby would come immediately...then, I started thinking about the birth....then, I started freaking out about the birth....then, I started crying.

It was a disaster.  I managed to stop crying, I told boo I wasn't going to the party, and I managed to (in true pity party form) take all of my emotions and insecurities out on him.  I started acting like a huge b, telling him not to drink too much, and trying to give him a curfew.  I know...I'm ridiculous.  We got into an argument on the way to his party, I dropped him off, and then managed to feel like crap for the rest of the evening...oh...and eat like crap

When he got home I apologized, but he was a little tipsy.  He accepted my apology, but I'm not sure if he remembered the next morning :) Oh well...we talked about it the next day, and I felt a lot better. I got over myself and tried to realize that the baby will be here soon.  I don't need to make myself and everyone around me miserable in the meantime... even though it is very easy to do.

Who knew that growing a human could be so emotional?  I have a whole new respect for women after this whole thing.  It's like a 9 month emotional roller coaster that ends with another emotional roller coaster! My hat's off to all of the moms out there that have managed to keep it together and not go completely postal.  I'm impressed.

I also ate better yesterday...which made me feel a lot better.  We went to breakfast, and I got this yummy egg white and vegetable omelet. 

Then, we went to TJ Max, and I managed to buy MORE baby clothes.  At least most of these were 12 month clothes.  It's just really hard for me to pass up little Polo clothes that are only $8!


I mean, come on...how do you walk passed these little guys?


We ended the day with my favorite spring/summer treat...the sno cone.  I freaking love them, and it was totally worth the 20 minute wait to get it...not sure Boo feels the same way about that.

Hope everyone else had a better Saturday than I did.  It's day one of my first week home...I hope I don't go completely crazy after I run out of things to do...


No comments:

Post a Comment