Tuesday, April 23, 2013

We're having a baby....soon

I'm a planner.  Always have been, always will be...it's just what makes me tick.  So, you can imagine my surprise when my doctor informed me that we would be inducing May 5th!!!

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.  I know it's not that much sooner than May 12th (the original due date), but I just had it in my mind that he was going to be late.  I haven't felt any kind of movement or indication that he's ready to be born, but it sounds like my doctor doesn't want to prolong the inevitable.  I'm already considered full term (we're in week 38), so I guess any time is as good as any.  I just wasn't ready for an actual BIRTHDAY yesterday!

 I am ready to hold this sweet little guy and see him in person...so that's a plus

And what did my husband (boo) do during this whole "birth" conversation?  Remember: He's had the shingles due to stress about this baby, he hasn't been sleeping well, and he's been nesting like a pregnant Martha Stewart...

He just leans back, smiles, and is as happy as a clam.  Who is this person?!?!  I was sure I could count on him to freak out with me!!!  Nope.

He said now that there's an actual date in mind and he knows we won't be scrambling to get to the hospital he feels better about everything.  Our roles/mindsets have officially and completely reversed.

Luckily the nursery is finished, and we have more stuff than we could ever need.  Here's some pictures of Rhett's sports themed nursery.

Bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids

 Here's the room before the changer came in.  It's now on the blank wall to the right.  Boo built those bookshelves.  I found the tutorial on pinterest, and he whipped them out like he built bookshelves ever day!  
 Here's our Craig's List rocking chair that boo repainted
I got these sports prints made on Etsy.  I got to pick the colors and sports, and she designed the rest.  They turned out great!  Frames are from Target.

Here are some pictures of the massive amounts of baby gear I got from my first shower...Yes, I had another shower too!






Now, I only have three days left at work and A LOT of loose ends to tie up.  Hopefully, everything runs smoothly.  We'll see...



1 comment:

  1. Best of luck! I wanted to be induced with both and didn't get that lucky! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete