Friday, April 5, 2013

Here we go...

If you've read my About Me page, you'll know that I'm still pregnant.  Because I'm currently watching the scale go up instead of down, I figure we have about 8 weeks until the dreaded first weigh day...Until then, I can just talk about fun and not so fun pregnancy and baby stuff.

Some recent happenings in my house...
My husband is a great guy.  He's hilarious, he has an amazing group of friends (who are now my friends too), he's dependable, he's handsome, he's smart, and I could keep going on and on about all of the great qualities he has.  However, there are a couple of things that aren't so great....he has a tendency to freak out under pressure.  Like full on panic attack mode.  Lucky for me, I got to witness a glimpse of what it may be like the day I go into labor just the other night...it wasn't the most comforting glimpse.

I've been randomly throwing some things in a bag for the hospital whenever I think about it.  No biggie, right?  So, the other night I decided it was time to gather a few baby things (hats, socks, nighties, etc.) and throw them into the diaper bag. I chose the diaper bag for a couple of reasons: (1) It's small and the baby's things are small so it made sense to me. (2) I don't have a clue what actually goes in a diaper bag.  As I'm doing this, my boo (more on that later) comes in the nursery and sits in the rocking chair.  I hold some things up, and I'm asking him about taking this hat or that gown when I notice the color in his face completely change.  He then proceeds to get up and start pacing the room...back and forth back and forth.  I let this go on for a few minutes, and I finally ask him if he's okay.  The response is a little something like this...

"Who's gonna let the dogs out don't you think we should keep the baby bag and your bag in the same place do my parents even know what floor we're going to be on do your parents know what floor we're going to be on who's going to feed the dogs I'm going to be responsible for grabbing this stuff and I need it in the same place there's just too many logistics to figure out here I'm going to call my dad."

And he walks out of the room...

He calmed down after he talked to his dad (who laughed at him), and I couldn't help but laugh...really hard.  I had to explain to him (for at least the 5th time) that I will not be having a heart attack that requires immediate medical attention...this is going to be a process that could last hours.  A Bayer aspirin and a 911 call will not be necessary...at least not for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment